Our family of faith is one that recognizes the importance of prayer in all that we do. Prayer is the common bond that we share as a family, regardless of our language, age or geographic location. From the child praying before bed to the prayer group at the parish, our family of faith continues to pray for those in our community and those around the world.
Everyone is called to live a “vital and personal relationship with the living and true God. This relationship is prayer.” Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2558.
We can pray alone or with others; we worship together as parish communities at Mass and pray as families. There are many types of prayer and many different styles of worship, but all center on living and experiencing our relationship with the living God.
Four basic elements…
1. Blessing and Adoration (praising God)
2. Prayer of Petition (asking for what we need, including forgiveness)
3. Prayer of Intercession (asking for what others need)
4. Prayer of Thanksgiving (for what God has given and done)
Tips for praying:
1. Find a quiet place and time
2. Calm yourself and put away distractions
3. Speak what you feel to God, or use set prayers
4. Take time to listen
5. Use the Bible in your prayer
6. Consider keeping a prayer journal
7. Pray daily
Prayer online: Daily readings and online reflections (text, audio and video) from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops http://www.usccb.org/video/reflections.shtml
Confession Times (Or By Appointment)
Tuesday – 6:15 pm ~ 6:50 pm
Wednesday – 11:15 am ~ 11:50 am
Saturday – 4:00 pm ~ 5:00 pm